Student Council urges eligible students, staff to donate blood

Student council will present the 2022 blood drive on Nov 22 during all periods in the New Commons. To donate blood you have to be 16+ but any students under the age of 18 must have parental consent.

Donating blood gives you the ability to save lives. “Just giving one pint of blood can save up to three lives,” Student Council Member Amber Weatherspoon said. Fill out the survey to find out if you are eligible to donate blood, and possibly save some lives.

Please note there are certain health conditions that may stop you from being able to donate. If you have a concern pertaining to any health condition, ask one of the volunteers that will be at the blood drive or, send an email to any one who is in charge. If you have any questions please contact [email protected] , [email protected], or [email protected]  

The entire process is very safe and fast. Every two seconds someone in the U.S needs blood. You have the ability to be one of the people who save them. The Student Council urges you to donate if you are eligible. 

“37% of the population is eligible to donate, yet only about 5% do,” One Blood said. If you are able to donate please think about helping. “In the U.S The Red Cross provides about 40% of our nation’s blood and blood cell components for donors,” American Red Cross said. Keeping up the number of donations is crucial for saving millions of lives desperately depending on them.