How to gobble up fun this Thanksgiving break

Picture Credit: Pexels Photo

Yukta Parikh

Thanksgiving break, which will be from Nov. 22 to Nov 26, 2017, is the perfect time to give thanks and procrastinate, but most students will do the latter.

Here is a list of things to do to help the process of procrastination Thanksgiving break:

Spend time with family

Thanksgiving is the perfect time to spend time with family. You can watch football games together or even cook together. Don’t forget to tell your family what you are thankful for this year.

Bake

Baking is a great way to relax and you get fun sweets out of it. You can bake thanksgiving themed cookies and even pumpkin pies. There are also amazing pumpkin spice cupcake recipes to try out.

Help cook Thanksgiving dinner

Cooking an entire dinner is a lot of stress especially when you have to do it alone. Cooking together makes it much more fun. So help out whoever is making Thanksgiving dinner, and don’t forget to thank them for the hard work. “I love making food. I eat while cooking, probably unsanitary, but you know that’s what I like the most about it.” Annie Sok, senior, said.

Binge watch a new Netflix show 

Having five days off is perfect for binge watching. If you still haven’t seen Stranger Things season two, then this is the perfect time to do it. Shows like Friends are also great for Thanksgiving, especially all of those Thanksgiving episodes.

Watch a Movie

Movies are a great way to spend Thanksgiving break. You can go to the movie theatres or just stay at home and open up netflix. There are fun Thanksgiving movies to watch such as A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving or even Home Alone which is a holiday classic. “We usually watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special . It’s a cozy and relaxing day.” Mercedes Sandu, sophomore, said.

Read a book

Although reading a book can seem like a lot of effort, it can be a lot of fun if what you’re reading is something you really enjoy. There are many new young adult books being released this month that can be found at the local Barnes and Noble or you can read a book that you love one more time.

Sleep

Thanksgiving break is a great time to catch up on all the sleep missed due to studying and homework. Sleep is an important part of being healthy and during the school year, it can be hard to get enough sleep each night.

Go Black Friday shopping

Black Friday is a great day to get deals at the stores you love. Going shopping with friends or family can also be a perfect way to spend time with them. “The sales are amazing.” Airah Zaidi, sophomore, said.

Relax

The semester is going to come to a close soon, and this is the perfect time to relax before finals roll in. Relaxing is very important and helps fight the stress that comes along with finals. “I like to use the break to reassess my strategy towards tackling the school year and use it greatly as a breather from it as well.” Ammara Qureshi, junior, said.

List what you are thankful for 

It is Thanksgiving after all and there’s no better time to talk about what you are thankful for.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break and don’t forget to enjoy the time off before finals.