Advice for the long drive

As high school is coming to a close seniors everywhere are getting ready for the summer and the start of their college life. But there’s a small window of time to hangout with the friends who have been there since day one. Go on a road trip the world is big, go explore it. Before you go and experience life here some advice on traveling.

Have a budget, it may seem obvious to bring money along on the trip but bringing the right amount of money is key. The amount of money needed requires knowing these three things; transportation, lodging, and food. Who’s driving? Who’s paying? Who will you stay with, Friends or hotels? How much food will you eat? For a road trip there’s a lot of planning needed ahead before the actual trip starts.

“I remember when we didn’t plan a budget, thankfully a friend brought enough money for gas, but I felt bad towards the friend who paid for it all,” freshman, Alyssa Pilac said.

Learn how to read a map. In this day and age getting to places is as easy as searching it up but sometimes our smart phones make a mistake. Take some time to read it and plan a route to get to your destination in the fastest way possible.

Bring some throwback tunes. The drive is going to be long and listening the radio with the same songs aren’t gonna cut it for a five hour drive. Besides singing some throwback songs will be a good way to have some fun in the car without starting world war three.

Take a lot of pictures, this trip is meant for making more memories. It wouldn’t hurt to take a snap here and there. Don’t just take the obvious group photos but take a lot of candid ones. The photos that capture the unexpected, the photos that capture the real moment.

“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second,” Marc Riboud.

Remember this last piece of advice for the trip, no matter how corny this sounds. Just have fun. The saying you only live once is very true. Your life is yours go out and live it while having some fun.