Niles North hosts its annual spring pep assembly

Tenzin Choenyi
Spring Assembly feature image with spring motifs and visualization with bees along with the D219 logo.

This Friday on March 22 after 9th period Niles North will hold its annual spring pep assembly at the main gym to celebrate the accomplishments of the various sports, clubs, and groups of the school community and welcome spring; the assembly will also hold a few performances. The schedule can be found here.

The spring assembly is a great way to welcome spring break and show school spirit by supporting the diverse and abundant groups in the school’s community. 

The assembly is a great way to bring students together and Student Activities Director, Jody Trapani agrees.

“I love assemblies and what I love most about this assembly is seeing all the students joy together being in this space, seeing the school together being brought together.”

This year the assembly will consist of multiple performances such as a dance by Auroris Dance Company and a masked singer event where two staff members will be singing and the students will guess who that staff member is.

Additionally, the assembly wouldn’t be complete without the annual pi circle drawing contest where the school champion will be decided for drawing the best circle. Not to mention the pie face activity where a few staff members will be pie’d in the face by students.

The spring assembly will also be the seniors’ last pep assembly before leaving for bigger things, it’s a celebration of their achievements and contributions to Niles North. Not to mention the spring assembly wouldn’t be possible without the support and meticulous effort of many of the Niles North staff and students.

Overall, the spring assembly is a great way for the school community to come together and celebrate each other’s accomplishments.