“Take me out and take me home” …to watch the Taylor Swift Eras Tour Movie

Since Taylor Swift kicked off her Eras Tour, she has dazzled those from Chicago to Rio in a bejeweled trail of sparkles and songs. Taylor has since released The Eras Tour Concert Film available to watch in theaters. 

Are you ready for it? Our favorite mastermind has now announced that her movie will be available on streaming platforms on Dec 13; Taylor’s birthday. 

“Hi! Well, so, basically,” Taylor started in the caption of an Instagram reel posted on Nov 27. “I have a birthday coming up and I was thinking a fun way to celebrate the year we’ve had together would be to make The Eras Tour Concert Film available for you to watch at home!” 

Fans of Taylor Swift have erupted with excitement over this news. 

“I felt really excited when Taylor announced the movie because I wanted to be able to relive the concert,” said Junior Sarah Ahmed. “I got the amazing opportunity of seeing it live, but when she said it was coming out on streaming, it was like I could relive the whole thing over whenever I wanted!” 

Image credited to Taylor Swift Eras Tou

Upon Swift’s announcement that her movie would be coming to the big screen on Aug 31st, fans praised her for this inclusive decision. Many bonded over “The Great War” of trying to get tickets to Swift’s tour and leaving Ticketmaster’s queue page empty-handed. Taylor’s creation of a concert film gave all Swifties a chance to experience her concert without being in a physical stadium. Furthermore, the expansion of this film to streaming services will no doubt give even more fans a chance to “Shake it Off

“It was like I could relive the whole thing over whenever I wanted!” 

— Sarah Ahmed, Junior

Haven’t seen it? Get excited. Taylor’s film will be available for rent on digital starting Dec 13 on Apple TV, VUDU, Prime Video, Xfinity, Google Play, and Youtube. It will also include 3 special performances not seen in theaters. Even if you think you’ve seen this film before, I hope you like the ending!