Join NN Animal Club

Graphic credited to Lolah Slagg and Camila Pulex

If you are interested in helping or working with animals, Animal Club might be something for you to join.

Animal Club is a club offered here at Niles North, open to all students. It was first created in the 2022-2023 school year and will continue to be available in the 2023-2024 school year. It was founded by president sophomore Lolah Slagg during her freshman year. 

The idea behind the club was to create a community where students are able to volunteer and just help animals in need as they work with the Wright-Way Rescue animal shelter. 

“The best thing about animal club was going to orientation at the shelter,”  club member Lucy Emrich said. “After this, we were able to volunteer over the summer. I was able to do it with my friends so it was really fun. It was also really helpful for my future.”

Club meetings start on Sept 5, from 3:30-4:15 p.m. in room 2215. The meetings will be held every other Tuesday at the same time, in the same room. 

One of the first events the club will attend is the Strut for Strays on Sept 9, from 9:00-11:00 a.m. hosted by Community Animal Rescue Effort, (C.A.R.E).