HOSA reaches for the sky at State

During March 1-3, HOSA will be at their State competition in Springfield, IL. HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) is a medical driven club that gives high school students a chance to learn more about future health professions. This year, HOSA’s theme is “Sky’s the Limit”, encouraging students to put their fears aside and strive towards their goals.

Students throughout Illinois will be competing in various competitions in Springfield. The competitions are categorized into six events including: Recognition Events, Teamwork Events, Leadership Events, Emergency Preparedness Events, Health Professions Events, and Health Science Events.

HOSA will have 21 students participating during state this year, double the number of students compared to last year.

“State has always been such a great experience for me,” vice president of HOSA and senior Keemia Zandiani said. “I met my best friends here and I was able to go out of my comfort zone and have the confidence to perform my skills in front of judges.”

More students competing are highlighted in the slideshow above.

On Friday, March 3, HOSA students will attend an awards ceremony breakfast, where they will find out if they qualified for the national leadership conference. The top three in each competition will proceed to nationals.

Nationals this year is taking place in Dallas, Texas on June 21-24.

If you are interested in a health profession and want to join a medical-driven club, contact Ashley Miller-Berry, [email protected] or Angela Mell, [email protected], the HOSA sponsors.