Muslim American Culture is finally celebrated; Niles North is involved

Coming Together in Skokie is an event that highlights different cultures. Coming Together in Skokie has been a way for people to learn about different cultures/ethnic groups since 2010. Coming Together in Skokie is being held on January 28th, 2018 at Niles West High School. CTIS is a heart warming event that brings all different kinds of people together.

Every year residents of Skokie, including District 219 schools, restaurants like Pita Inn, and many more help put together the event. This year students of Niles North are compiling a video that highlights Muslim individuals of Niles North MSA (Muslim Student Association) and their passions, the attendees of Coming Together in Skokie will get insight of young Muslim individuals and their perspective of Islam, their different passions and how Islam is a part of their daily life and helps them pursue their passion.

North Star News’s Tina Intarapanont & Reporter Subul Khan have collaborated with Niles North MSA on how to approach this project, collectively the students came up with the idea to create a video that highlights the students passions and how Islam affects them.

“We are honored, and would like to thank the Coming Together in Skokie Committee for giving us this amazing opportunity” said Feroz Treasurer of MSA.

To get involved with Coming Together in Skokie at:  http://comingtogether.in