North Star reporter tazed during newspaper delivery

This morning from 7:45 to 8:05 North Star staff handed out their April Fools print issue to the student body throughout the hallways either by foot or by scooter. Trizzle who sizzles, a North Star reporter, was tazed by a security guard while scooting around her route in the 2000 hallway.

Although many students were amused by the scooter-speed delivery, many security guards were not and were concerned that scooting through the hallways poised a safety concern. Though the scooter-speed delivery was approved by the principal, Dr. McTague, the approval did not seem to quiet their concerns. Trizzle wore her Press Pass ID and tried to assure the security guard in her section that the scooter-speed delivery was approved to promote North Star. The security guard responded with a continued request to take Trizzle to the Dean’s office.

“I didn’t know what to do,” Trizzle relayed, “I was still obliged to distribute the remaining April Fools issues.”

Trizzle sped away on her scooter. Her next encounter with the same security guard took place in the  2000 hallway and led to an escalated conversation where she was tazed before she could make another speedy getaway.

Although the scooter-speed delivery was approved by Principal McTague, it is possible that it may be worthwhile to notify the security staff as well next time North Star comes out with their next print issue: the Senior issue.

Happy April Fools Day!