Manchester United struggles to manage their team causing downfall

Anthony Nlebem “How Manchester United takeover costing club €1m monthly” November 28, 2023 https://businessday.ng/news/article/how-manchester-united-takeover-costing-club-1m-monthly/

In the past, Manchester United was an excellent soccer team, but in recent years they haven’t been doing as well as they were before.

Manchester United is a soccer team founded in 1878, originating in England. They play in the English Premier League. Manchester United is one of the longest-running clubs out there, running for 140 years. The founders of the team are two brothers George and Alfred Edward.  Its original name was Newton Health LYR F.C. In 1902, however, the owner changed it to Manchester United.

The best era Manchester United had was when Sir Alex Ferguson coached. He has coached the team for 26 seasons. With Sir Alex Ferguson coaching they won many different trophies. They have won 20 Premier League titles, and 13 of them with Sir Alex Ferguson. They still hold the number one spot to this day.  The team also won 3 Champions League titles, two of them with Sir Alex Ferguson. Manchester United also won 12 FA cups, still holding the number one spot. In total, 71 trophies have been won in Manchester United’s history, and 38 of those trophies were under Sir Alex Ferguson’s coaching.

The team’s players back then were excellent and very well-known for their talents. Some of the best players include Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckam, Roy Keane, Erik Cantona, and Ryan Giggs. Sir Alex Ferguson had very good game strategies and was a very motivational coach. He encourages his players to do their best. 

Sir Alex Ferguson retired at the age of 71 back in 2013. Now they needed a new coach, but no one was able to be as great as Sir Alex Ferguson. 

After Sir Alex Ferguson, 9 other managers came. David Moyes,  Ryan Giggs, Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 1, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 2, Michael Carrick, Ralf Rangnick, and Erik ten Hag all took the job within 11 years. 

The downfall began in 2014 when manager David Moyes took over. David Moyes was a very strange coach; he did not sign the right players in the right position. He also did not spend money wisely for the team. Manchester United management did not do any upgrades in the stadium and the owners did not care about the club’s outcome. They only cared about the money being profited. 

Overall Manchester United was a really good and unstoppable soccer team. They have been through ups and downs. Now Erik ten Hag is the current manager of Manchester United. He is trying to push young players to build a new team. He is trying to sell the older players to build a new fresh team, like Sir Alex Ferguson once did and found success in. His work is building a brighter future for the club. There are a lot of results of this mission such as Kobbie Mainoo and Alejandro Garnacho.