Is ‘Candy Cane Lane’ worth watching?

On Dec. 1, The Candy Cane Lane movie came out. A two hour Christmas comedy movie, featuring Jillian Bell, a famous actor that played in numerous movies, and Eddie Murphy, who played in Shrek as Donkey.

Candy Cane Lane takes place in the neighborhood of El Segundo, and there is an annual Christmas decorating contest, and people go to watch the beautiful decorated houses. The winner would win $100,000.

Eddie Murphy, who plays the dad, Chris, recently lost his job. The mom, Carol, played by Tracee Ellis Ross, runs a company. His son, Nick, is failing math and wants to pursue his music career, and his oldest daughter, Joy, is about to go to college and wants to go to Notre Dame, but her dad doesn’t accept it. He also doesn’t accept his son’s dream of being in the music industry. His youngest daughter, Holly, loves Christmas.

The annual Christmas decorating contest is coming, and Holly and her dad decide to go to a Christmas store called Kringle’s, a store with a ton of Christmas decorations, and they meet the store owner Pepper. They bought a 20 foot, 12 days of Christmas tree, and paid for it with his credit card, and had to sign a very long receipt. 

The Christmas tree starts acting weird after the competition, and the family starts getting confused. Holly and her dad go back to Kringle’s, and discover something shocking about Pepper and what she does. They find out that they need to collect jingle bells every day for the 12 days of Christmas. At the end, Chris and Carol realize how to support their kids’ dreams, and now, Chris supports Nick and Joy’s career path, and supports whatever Holly wants to accomplish when she gets older.

This movie had funny scenes, and the movie quality was good. Candy Cane Lane was entertaining to watch, and it was worth two hours. It’s a fun Christmas movie to watch as a family and enjoy. Overall, I would recommend this movie. Watch it with your families!

View Comments (1)