On ‘For All The Dogs,’ old Drake is nowhere to be found

Drake released his new album For All The Dogs on Friday, Oct. 6. For All The Dogs rose to the top of the Billboard, featuring The Billboard 200 and Hot 100. The album features SZA, 21 Savage, Yeat, Lil Yachty, Bad Bunny, Sexxy Red, Teezo Touchdown, Chief Keef, J. Cole, and PARTYNEXTDOOR.

Drake disappointed a lot of fans with this album. People have quite a bit to say about the beat, lyrics, and overall him trying to make a successful album. 

For All The Dogs has a slow and unpleasant beat. For people that prefer fast, hype beats, then this album isn’t for you. The song Gently, with Bad Bunny, has a nice beat drop. For fans of those kind of beats, then that is the #1 song for you. 

With the album, there have been a lot of memes. The most popular meme, that a lot of people are recreating on social media, has been the song IDGAF, featuring Yeat. A few of the songs in the album had no lyrics, just beats, like Screw The World, among others.

Additionally, the beat and Drake’s voice and lyrics did not sound right. Most of the songs were about relationships and heartbreak, which is most rap music these days. Drake tried to combine R&B and rap, and people were not satisfied with it. The reviews for the album average around two stars.

For All The Dogs falls short on high expectations and fails to bring anything new. Almost the whole album seemed redundant, weird, and overall unnecessary. This album was supposed to be the return of the “old Drake”, and it’s everything but that.

Drake’s album is a lot of people’s most hated, and he promised fans a comeback after not dropping music for months. Yeat’s part is catchy and there are a few catchy lines in most of the songs, but when you get into the songs, most of the lyrics don’t make sense. I had jaw dropping and confused expressions in some parts, from the lyrics, especially toward the end of the album and the song with Sexxy Red and SZA, Rich Baby Daddy.

Overall, For All The Dogs is not worth the hype. There isn’t a phrase in the song that is memorable and will be entertaining to say. The album has lyrics and vibes all over the place, has no glimmers of old Drake, and isn’t a fun album to enjoy with others. I wouldn’t recommend this album to anyone, even Drake fans.