NN girls seniors beat juniors in spirited pre-hoco flag football game

nnvikings Instagram

On October 3, the girl’s annual flag football game was held, juniors vs. seniors. Seniors won, scoring 13-6 points.

Some of the juniors and seniors who played were willing to get interviewed about the game.

“I felt really energized and excited before the game. I was really confident in the juniors, and not just because I am one. They did well during training, and I was excited to see how the game would go. It was fun playing with the seniors. I don’t think most of us were really intimidated when going into it. I think we were heated after the game though, obviously because we didn’t win. We trained well, and we are going to have a very good comeback next year as seniors. I love watching football. It’s definitely one of the most entertaining sports to watch other than soccer and basketball,” Junior Elyana Kachaochana said.

“Before the game, I was really excited, because it was the first year I was able to play in the game. I was also happy because I was going against a lot of my friends. I didn’t really do that much, mostly just running back and forth, but I did get one of the Senior’s flags during defense,” junior Amaya Kang said.

“I was excited, but way more nervous. I participated because it was my last year of high school, and I wanted to make memories. It felt good to win,” senior Esmerelda Rivera said.

“I felt very nervous that I would get hurt, but I was also very excited to play with my friends. I think I performed well. I wish I was on the field longer, but there was not enough time to put everyone in the match at once. It felt amazing to win because we thought we would lose after they scored their touchdown, but we didn’t stop believing in ourselves!” senior Bayan Salih said.

The juniors vs. seniors game was a fun experience for everyone. The juniors and seniors were all excited and nervous to play, but both accomplished making memories. Will the juniors next year make the comeback they wish as seniors?