Hints, secrets, surpises, Taylor Swift is the mastermind behind Easter eggs

(Image credited to Stanford Daily)

Taylor Swift is notorious for her various hints, secret messages, and clues when it comes to releasing albums and singles. “I love to communicate through Easter eggs,” Swift said. “I think the best messages are cryptic ones.” Upon her announcement of 1989 (Taylor’s Version) dropping on Oct. 27, Swift again encapsulated her fans through a chain reaction of countermoves. (and easter eggs!)’

Swift kicked off her Mastermind persona when she announced the rerecording of 1989 at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, on the anticipated date of August 9. The release date, October 27, is exactly 9 years after the original 1989 was released. Junior Eva Spiro details where she was when 1989 TV was announced, “I was in California with some friends and I had just met this girl, and even though I didn’t know anything about her, and after just meeting her, we were able to connect and bond over her announcement.”

(Taylor announces “1989 TV” at the Eras Tour)

Whenever Swift rerecords an album, she additionally releases five never-before-heard songs titled “Vault Tracks”. These are songs that Swift wrote at the time of her original release but didn’t end up releasing. Swift recently partnered with Google to create a puzzle that would reveal the vault tracks for 1989 TV. On Sept. 19, if you searched “Taylor Swift” on Google, a small blue vault would appear. Upon clicking this vault, you were prompted to solve a word puzzle. Once the amount of puzzles solved hit 33 million worldwide, Taylor revealed the long-awaited vault tracks.

Along with these hints, Taylor Swift loves putting Easter Eggs in her music videos. Her recent music video for Speak Now TV’s, “I Can See You (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” was jam-packed with Easter Eggs hinting at 1989 TV. Fans can’t help but notice close-ups of Taylor’s classic red lip, an homage to the 1989 era. At the conclusion of the music video, Taylor drives to a bridge with a sign that reads “1989 TV”.

(Photo via “I Can See You” Music Video)
(Photo via “I Can See You” Music Video)

Taylor herself loves to communicate with her fans through these mind games, and this method of communication arguably paints the seemingly larger-than-life superstar with more personalized strokes. Anyone can crack the code of Taylor Swift, as long as you pay attention. After all, she is only cryptic and machiavellian because she cares!