Charlene Taba, S3 Para

Mrs.Taba+%28Front+right%29+stands+with+the+Filipino+club+

Mrs.Taba (Front right) stands with the Filipino club

What made you want to work in education? My High School counselor she made me feel great and safe and I want to do the same for the kids here  

As a Niles North Alumni what change shocked you the most? Probably the whole front of the school and the period schedule  

What is your final goal in education? To be a school counselor 

Favorite thing about sponsoring Filipino club? They’re fun, they’re great kids, they’re a warm and accepting community 

What’s your favorite moment as both a teacher and student at Niles North? As a student it was hanging out with my friends, I loved lunch as a S3 para working with my coworkers becoming a family and bonding 

Why come back to Niles North? The diverse demographic and I’m a big proponent of working in the community I live in because you know the kids and what they go through and it helps be able to lift them up   

Why is it important to you to have a Filipino club? I think every cultural identity should have a club so there’s a space where every student can be accepted for themselves and that is just easier for some when they’re around people of the same culture  

What does battle of the bamboo mean to you? It’s a showcase of like students getting back to their root the whole point of battle of the bamboo is more than the dances it’s the stories behind them creating an opportunity for students to learn about their heritage

What’s your favorite song and why? Sure Thing by Miguel I like it because I’m an English nerd and there’s a lot of similes and it’s just a good song

Favorite food and why? Potatoes in anyway that it is cooked