Annual V-Show returns

The Annual V-Show, hosted by Students Activities and Dance Marathon, returned Friday, September 30th at 7pm, to showcase a talented group of Niles North students and faculty. 

Students and community were invited to attend V-Show, the annual Niles North talent showcase, hosted in the auditorium. Similar to the 2022 Homecoming, all proceeds went to Dance Marathon’s selected charity: The Harbour. Tickets could be purchased 3rd-7th period in front of the lunchroom, on Infinite Campus’ School Store, or at the door upon entrance. “Students/kids” paid $5, and Adults paid $10, this information was provided by Student Activities.

This year’s winners were a Senior band, performing “Skate” by Silk Sonic, Sam Rhodes, George Lawando, Zach Sorkin, Matthew Abraham, Casey Stern, and Swarnika Sundaresan

In an interview with Director of Student Activities, Caroline Benjamin described the origin of V-Show,

“Variety Show [V-Show]  has been running for over 10 years. It started off as a Junior and Senior Class Board fundraiser [but] we extended it to Dance Marathon as an event for them to fundraise for the charity of the year”.

Benjamin also shouts out the faculty band,

Our very own NN teachers do a great job adding their talents into the Noncompete section of the show. There’s a teacher band that includes Mr. Joe Dizillo, Mr Kevin Murphy and Mr. John Kretsos that has been running for years!”

Senior Alexis Chiet, an audience member attending the event had this to say:

The variety and the talent was really exciting to see […],  especially as a musician myself, that was definitely a really exciting thing to experience, and I think Dance Marathon did a really good job setting it up as they do every year.”