Focus On Your Future Recap

Ellie Henderson, North Life Editor

Focus On Your Future Recap

On Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, Niles North High School held the Focus On Your Future pilot program. This event allowed students, parents, and the community to learn about post-high school options like certificate programs, associate degrees, apprenticeships and job training opportunities. 

There were over 40 businesses, organizations, and educational institutions that attended with 60 representatives sharing information to over 500 parents and students.

With the help of the District 219 Career Pathways map (refer to video) it allows you to explore career options and pathways. The D219 Career Pathways map is divided into seven sections: Art and Communication, Finance and Business Services, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology and Trades, Human and Public Services, Health Sciences and Technology and Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources. 

Step one is choosing a career pathway. Step Two is than to select and complete pathway coursework. Step Three is to participate in career exploration and enrichment opportunities or explore post high school secondary options. Lastly, step four is choose a post secondary option such as two year, four year, apprenticeships, work, industrial credentials, military options.