• September 29Dance Marathon's Trivia Night

• September 18School starts on Wednesday

• September 17Off​-​Campus Lunch Sign Up

Winter vacation in the windy city

Jadon Castro

Who says Christmas break needs to break your wallet? Here in Chicago, there are a ton of things to do, from going downtown and sightseeing to enjoying a nice, warm family dinner. Those are just a sample of what’s yet to come. Here’s a list, if you’re interested.
Need a little something to do, but don’t have cash? These events will surely bring joy to you and your family. Christmas Around the World and Holidays of Light will be hosted at the Museum of Science and Industry, starting on Nov. 16, until the end of December. At this event, 50 Christmas trees will feature different decorations, giving each tree a sense of style and holiday cheer. Each tree will represent the vast cultural diversity that Chicago is known for having.There will also be music and dances to showcase a multitude of cultures.
Do you have two dollars to spare? From Nov. 16 to Dec. 17, downtown Chicago will be hosting a bunch of plays and festivals. The first being Twas the Night Before Christmas by Ken Ludwig. This play adds to the traditional story of Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, and adds a nice familial sense of humor to lighten things up. The play will take place at the Broadway Theatre, located at 3712 N Broadway Street.
Want a fun ride for you and your family, but don’t wanna blow a lot of money? For only $2.25 per train ticket, the CTA train will have what’s known as a Holiday train. Santa will be wandering all over the place during this time. His sleigh will be decorated with Christmas designs, and he will be taking photos with kids of all ages. The trains will appear between noon and 3 p.m., so be on the lookout.
Need to get rid of the old Alexander Hamilton sitting in your pocket? Be sure to bundle up, because the magical Zoolights at Lincoln Park are going to shine brightly against the winter night sky. Starting Nov. 24 through Jan. 7 of next year, the zoo will have holiday crafts, rides, animal encounters, carousel rides, food, and much more.
If you’re looking for entrees for $20 or under come along downtown to the 312 Restaurant located on 136 N. Lasalle Street/ They specialize in seafood, pasta, and marinated meats such as pork belly, sea scallops, fried calamari, and tortellini. Not many places will have food this cheap on Christmas Eve, so take advantage while you can.