The new athletic wall seems to be a real score

The+walls+display+shows+all+of+the+athletic+programs+Niles+North+has+to+offer+

Miles Donegan

The walls display shows all of the athletic programs Niles North has to offer

The new wall in the athletic hallway displays current sports teams, as well as graduates that have been involved in Niles North athletics and who now play sports in college. The wall also features alumni who play sports in college and is continuing to add more alumni as well as current student-athletes.  Every sports team is on the wall, but will be updated as spring sports startup. More alumni will be added onto the wall. There is a section for most outstanding senior athletes as well as a section for Niles North graduates who became professional players, but they are soon to be updated in the future. Here’s what some voices around Niles North had to say. 

“It’s cool to see alumni and what sport they play in college. I think it persuades students to try harder in the sport they’re involved in so they can be added alongside the alumni. I’m on the bowling team and I’m in the team photo for the student section on the wall. I like that team photos are put up because it shows representation for bowling which isn’t as popular as basketball or football.”  Senior student athlete Diego Hernandez said.

I think it’s great that students are able to see themselves on the wall and be a part of athletics in the school. It would be a good way to inspire students to participate even if it’s just to get their picture on up there.” Niles North science director Ms. Yu has said.

“I think it’s great, it really gives our students recognition and people for the underclassmen to look up to. It’s amazing to see our students and where they continue to play after high school whether it’s professionally or at the college level.” Niles North Varsity Basketball Coach Glenn Olson