Solving for Teacher of the Year, not X

Niles North is very involved with their students and is very good at recognizing their achievements, but what about teachers? The Teacher of the Year award is an opportunity to give teachers who have changed lives the recognition they deserve. Winners are seen as role models by both students and their co-workers.

The winner of this year’s award will be announced in May at the Teacher Appreciation Breakfast. If you’re a student, vote now for a teacher who has changed your life or impacted you the most here: Teacher of the Year

The Teacher of the Year Committee is made up of six Student Government representatives from varying grade levels. The committee monitors and sends out the ballot form where students can submit a vote. The top five teachers with the most votes become the finalists who are observed and evaluated by the T.O.T.Y. Committee in a classroom setting. Using quantitative results of the votes collected, individual student feedback, and classroom evaluations, the Teacher of the Year committee reaches an agreement on the winner of the contest. The teacher chosen is announced at the Teacher Appreciation Breakfast in early May where all finalists are recognized as well.

More often than not, students aren’t quite sure how to express their gratitude to the who have impacted and changed their lives. This contest gives them a chance to finally recognize the teachers who contributed the most to the high school memories students will carry with them forever. “In an expression of gratitude, students feel empowered and compelled to cast a ballot for those teachers who had such a profound positive influence over them,” said Murtaza Ukani, Senior and President of Student Government and H.O.S.A. Ukani is the organizer of Teacher of the Year.