Three strikes makes a state qualifier: Avery Wolf qualifies for state bowling competition

Wolf takes a moment to think about his achievement.

As the winter sports’ seasons come to a close, and the second semester of school has started, more people are qualifying for the very last competition of their season’s, the IHSA State competitions. Avery Wolf is one of those many people, qualifying for this year’s state bowling tournament which was held on Jan 26-27 at St. Clair Bowl in O’Fallon, Illinois. Avery was the only qualifying bowler from Niles North, and he did well, placing 40th among 65 competitors.

This is the third time he has qualified for the state competition, and this year being his last year at Niles North, he looked quite excited. “It’s a great way to end my senior year, I always wanted to have a legacy here and have people remember me for going to state,” Avery says, and a good legacy is what he left for the Niles North Bowling program.

Here below are a few pictures of Avery Wolf’s state sendoff:

Avery Wolf in conversation with some of the faculty that came to the sendoff.