• August 10Student Commons moves to 1300 hallway

• August 10School starts on Wednesday

A long time ago in a gymnasium far far away: Dance Marathon presents Pizza Wars 7

Ben Lipka

In collaboration with Dance Marathon, Niles North’s seventh annual Pizza Wars is just around the corner. Pizza Wars is an all-you-can-eat pizza extravaganza with restaurants from all around the area, with proceeds going to District 219’s Education Foundation. The pizza-palooza will take place on Thursday, Jan. 19 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the main gym.

Currently, the contenders for best pizza are Jet’s, Lou Malnati’s, Organic Life, Pie Five, Piero’s, Village Inn, and Wa-Pa-Ghetti’s Pizza. However, this is not the completed list, and more restaurants are expected to join the fray.

Pizza Wars’ proceeds have always gone to the Education Foundation, and the seventh installment is no outlier. The Education Foundation “is a nonprofit organization in District 219 that raises money to give students whose families aren’t in a position finically to afford things like calculators and AP tests. They try to provide the basic tools of education. They also sponsor a bus trip to different colleges so kids whose parents can’t take them can visit colleges,” Tahlia Altgold, a student representative for Education Foundation, said.

Pizza Wars continues to not only provide a sizable amount of money to a great cause, but to bring together many members of the community in an extremely memorable fashion.

“At Pizza Wars, a ton of different pizza places come together, and people get to eat pizza and vote on a winner. Pizza Wars is one of the big fundraisers for the foundation,” Altgold added.

Tickets are currently available online through this link for $12.. There is also an option to make a donation to the Education Foundation without purchasing a ticket. Online sales will close on the day of the event at 10 a.m., however tickets will also be sold at the door for $15 each. For companies wishing to sponsor the event, information can be found via this link.

Make sure to stop by Pizza Wars Seven on Jan. 19 for a great night filled with the most decadent pizza in the area!

Featured image by Food & Beverage Magazine