Arooba Lodhi: Small but mighty

Picture this. A ball of rubber bands being bounced around but with each hit to the ground. Rays of light spur out of the ball, filling the room with positivity. Now imagine this ball as a person. Some might think of someone completely random, but I think of Arooba Lodhi, senior at Niles North High School.

Between juggling some very challenging courses such as AP Chemistry, AP Psych, GAWAPUSH, and being involved in extracurriculars such as WHO Club, Dance Marathon, Table Tennis (which, by the way, she is a beast at), and being a point tutor, Lodhi successfully accomplished her goal of not crying as much as she expected to the past few years.

If you know Lodhi, you probably know that you will always see her with a bright and shiny smile on her face. What you may not know, however, is that behind that positive energy and that contagious smile, Arooba does stress about things, just like any other high school senior.

“I think that the world needs positivity… especially nowadays… I have a lot of layers, and I think the world needs more layers.” says Lodhi

Being the bright student she is, Lodhi already has an idea as to what her plans are for after high school.

“I think I want to major in the medical field… do something with medicine… but definitely minor in journalism. But I’m not quite sure where I want to go to college quite yet,” says Lodhi.

When asked to describe her past four years at Niles North, Lodi said that her high school experience, so far, has been eye opening, life changing and unforgettable. She’s already counting down the days to the night of Dance Marathon and is super excited to be part of the Northstar News staff.