Boys Varsity Gymnasts hop to Hinsdale

The boys Varsity Gymnastics team started off the season with a 109 score at Rolling Meadows coming in second place tri-meet. The second meet was at Hinsdale Central High School, with a score of 118. The placed fourth place out of six teams. The third meet was the John Burkel invite at Niles West.

“The first three meets were to get our feet wet because these teams aren’t in our conference. The meets we do have to win our the high schools near us. I Feel motivated to finish this season off strong and possibly make it to state finals,” Raymond Tang,senior,said.

The whole varsity team is full of seniors working hard this season to make it to state. This year’s varsity team include seniors: Jordan Brewer, Davin Kaiser, Raiq Hussain, Aaron Niederman, David Chua and Raymond Tang.

“It’s easy to get caught up in the same routine for the last three seasons, but this is the season where I have to push harder to get the last few tricks I need to make state finals. I’m just trying to make my mark the best I can and squeeze everything I can out of my skills,” Aaron Niederman, senior, said.

Each senior gymnast has their own special events they compete in. Brewer is excellent when it comes to the vault and floor. Kaiser’s specialty is being an all around which basically means he can do all the events. Hussain is a p-bar specialist and has worked hard for the past three years to become the p-bar specialist. Niederman is the rings specialist with his signature move being the iron cross. Chua excels when it comes to the pommel horse, and won the freshman year’s conference invite due to his hard work and diligence. Tang is an excellent gymnast who can do floor, vault, p-bars, and high bar.

“I’m gonna work hard this season to go back to state, and although I doubt our team as a whole will go to state I bet a bunch of us individually will go to state,” Davin Kaiser, senior, said.

All these varsity gymnasts started this sport at the start of their freshman year. Looking back they weren’t all great in the beginning,but because of the hard work these boys put in during the off season it finally paid off.

“I”m kinda sad that this is my last season, there were times I could have spent more time practicing during the off season but I don’t regret anything. It was fun while it lasted, and it was definitely a big part of my high school experience. I will also work hard and try to make it to state this year,” Raiq Hussain. senior, said.

The boys are working very hard individually and as a team to be the best they can be and leave their mark as gymnasts of Niles North.

If you enjoyed getting to know your boys gymnastics team then come see their first home meet tomorrow at 6 p.m. against Evanston Township High School, be there or be squared.