Girls basketball bring home Skokie Jamboree win

Last Saturday, December 5, the girls Varsity Basketball team played against Niles West in our annual Skokie Jamboree and won with a final score of 56-52. It was obvious the team was more than confident in their game play and strategy.

The team this year is led by seniors Stephanie Donado and Olivia Schaps. This year, the team consists of thirteen girls, eight of which are seniors.

“We played really well and as a team. We shared the ball really well. It’s a really fun game to play and we all were super hyped about it,” says Schaps. “We wanted to win so badly because it was our last game against west for many of us. We wanted it badly and we came out with the win.”

The team has an overral score of 6-3, and are coached by Dan Paxson.

“We played well; everyone contributed to the win. I didn’t play my best because I was in foul trouble so I spent most of the time on the bench but my team really stepped up and took on the competition,” says Donado.

The quarter that was most filled with action was the fourth quarter, as there were four minutes left on the clock, and the score was 49-42. Both teams mad several baskets during this time, bringing both of their scores up to a whopping 56-52.

“We worked very well as a team and we are only going to get better,” says Taylor Evonitz, senior.

“I think everyone played really well. Rivalry games are always exciting and it was a good game; we came out with a win,” says Alyssa Aragon, sophomore.

The future is looking extremely bright for this talented group of girls, as their long journey ahead of them continues.

As a part of the student body of Niles North, come out this Friday, Dec 11, at 5 p.m. to support the girls as they work their way to defeat the Maine West Warriors.