Vikings set to face Wolves in Skokie Skirmish

Saturday, September 6th is the day of the highly anticipated Skokie Skirmish football game. This year it is hosted by Niles West. Both the Vikings and Wolves started their seasons off exceptionally well. Niles North is coming off a 49-14 win in their home opener against Shepard, while the Wolves devastated Ridgewood in their first game with a score of 41-0.

The annual Skokie Skirmish is always an exciting one for the players, coaches, students and families.

“This is my last North vs. West  game as a student at Niles North so I’m pretty excited. I love the atmosphere and being with my friends when we cheer on our football team. It’s a great time when the school unites to support our team,” said senior, Talia Zimmerman.

The Vikings’ defense was stellar against Shepard, and thats something they look to keep up against Niles West. When asked about the extremely tough matchup against the Wolves, defensive end Chinedu Nwansi said, “I think we’re definitely competitive right now. Especially with our defense, West doesn’t have anything we can’t beat if we read our keys and look for what we’ve seen in practice.”

Quarterback Tony Granato also chimed in and expressed his excitement for the upcoming game. He said that both teams match up well and that it should be a good, close game. They had a good week of practice and are ready for the test ahead of them.

For those of you going to the game, keep an eye on running back Craig “Dutch” Dawkins, who is filling in for the injured Barrington Wade. Last game, Dawkins for an astounding 278 yards along with 4 touchdowns. Check out his 87 yard touchdown run from last game, courtesy of High School Cube:

Football fan or not, this game will definitely be one you want to watch with your friends. If you can’t make the game, you can watch it LIVE on High School Cube! In addition, this game is Comcast CN100’s game of the week!