Vikings tie with Wildkits in CSL crossover championship

The Niles North High School boys varsity soccer team tied with Evanston Township High School on Oct. 10, during the Central Suburban League crossover championship game, with a score of 1-1.

The Vikings soccer team tied at the Third Annual Central Suburban League crossover championship, at Lazier Field at Memorial Stadium, when Adrian Coardos made the tying goal with an assist by Benjamin Ibarra. Seven saves were made by Eddie Kim, goalie.

“The star of the game would be our goalkeeper Eddie Kim. He made seven amazing saves. Top class goalkeeper like always.” Senior Ivan Korkes said.

Many Niles North fans showed up at the Evanston stadium on Thursday to cheer on the Vikings.

The Niles North soccer team has worked hard this year to get to this point in the season. They hold a record of 7 ties, 7 wins, and 3 losses.

“We played really well and everyone played with their hearts and left everything on the field.” Coardos said.

This is the second year in a row that the CSL Championship game has ended with a tie.

The team made it to the crossover championships by becoming the first boy’s varsity team in Niles North history to win the CSL North Championships during their game on Oct. 3 against Maine East.

Go Vikings!