Boys swimming swims to state

Last Friday, Feb. 14 the boys swimming and diving team competed in the CSL conference meet.

The Junior Varsity team placed 6th over all. The night was overall one of the best nights for the varsity team. The boys ended up finishing in 4th with a total of 225 points.

Coach Seth Orlove  said, “I think overall, we had many great swims; I believe we were over 90% in personal bests.  It’s hard to pinpoint one swimmer that had the ‘best’ day.” The team was able place high in many events including  senior Kirilov Dimitar who took first for the 100 yard breaststroke.

The Vikings placed 4th in the 400 yard relay with relay times of Freshman Partrick Cox 52.12, senior Ruiz Mateo 51.99, senior Kirilov Dimitar 55.75, and junior Eddy Kang 49.67  with a total of 3:29.53.

“We’re a pretty young team and I know that when I leave and my fellow seniors leave, our team will be in good hands,” Senior Emre Erel said.

Saturday, February 22 the boys competed in the CSL North sectional. They came out with 215 points and took 2nd place overall. Maxim Royzen placed first in diving with a score of 447.45, while senior Kirilov Dimitar placed second in 100 yard breast stroke with a final time of 1:00.06.

Come support your boys at state this weekend Feb. 28, at Evanston Township High School.

Go Vikings!